Zimmermania

Saturday, September 23, 2006

It was one of those busy weeks where hardly a stitch was knit but knitting was always on my mind. What will I knit for Zimmermania? I wanted to knit the Loden Green Aran (TOK) as my first project for this knit along but need a bit more time to find the perfect yarn. Late Friday evening I remembered seeing a great hat, the Watch Cap, in The Opinionated Knitter using a stitch that Elizabeth Zimmerman calls Prime Rib (also known as brioche stitch). In Knitting Without Tears, she says that the stitch is often mistaken for Fisherman’s Rib, but that Prime Rib makes a much “richer and fruitier rib”. I’m casting on for the Watch Cap using the Manos del Uruguay on the right (it’s more golden than yellow in person) and size 9 needles. The pattern is in both books mentioned above. Thank you Sarah and Jessica for hosting!

1 Comments:

  • love your yarn choices - that's going to be one lush hat.

    By Blogger jess, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home