Zimmermania

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Totally Seamless Baby Sweater!



Hello, Zimmermaniacs-
I am in the midst of a desperado EZ project- it's getting cold in Minneapolis, and my infant daughter shamefully does not have a woolen sweater! Yes, yes, I knit her one when she was smaller... but now she has outgrown it. I whipped out the Knitters Almanac and am tackling the practically seamless baby sweater on two needles.


Well, I'm using a circular needle and am not doing the lace pattern, since I'm using the random bits of wool in this bag here- maddening for larger garments, but perfect for a crazily striped baby sweater. Also, in the spirit of EZ, I have moved this project to the totally seamless, by using dpns for the sleeves. It has begun!

4 Comments:

  • I must admit, adult sweaters made up of leftover yarns are never very appealing to me, but on little kids? Well, they're just about the only ones that can pull it off. You're off to a great start!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8:22 AM  

  • Yes, those colours all together just look cute on a small person. I can't wait to see what it's like finished! :D

    By Blogger Bronte, at 12:01 AM  

  • Oh wow! I love the random mix of amazing colors! What a great start!

    By Blogger VickeryKnits, at 8:30 AM  

  • I saw your finished sweater on purl bee and thought it was amazing. The colors were very eclectic. I was wondering two things: what weight yarns you used and what order you knitted them?

    By Anonymous Stacy, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home