Zimmermania

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My first project - Ganomy Hat


I started it 2days ago.

Althogh there was strong enthsiasm as a beginner, it's so hard for me to figure out the likes of M1and SSK. They finally made me reknit the hat about 12 times before I found the illustrations of M1 and SSK with kind, clear explanations on the back of the book.


Anyway, I did it!! I think Ez's projects may be like some puzzles with the yarn to me. The moment I begin to knit the right shapings is way too exciting.
I wanted much of a pointy top so I started decreasings later than called for.
I wish I could try all the items in her book.


One more thing , before starting, I felt a little difficult about the numbers of GAUGE and just ignored it.And.... it's too small for me to put on. Don't I look like sort of Mr. Scrooged?
I realize I should check Gauge the next time I try..


9 Comments:

  • Maybe save it for the next baby shower or kid birthday? It did turn out to be very cute though!

    By Blogger JelliDonut, at 6:29 AM  

  • I love this pattern. I made it a long time ago for my son and he wore it a lot.

    By Blogger shannonstoney, at 8:41 AM  

  • Yes, it will fit a baby! You'll just have to knit another for yourself now that you've had some practice.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 11:13 AM  

  • haha!
    what is gauge !? (ijustingnoreittoo!)

    By Blogger angelina, at 5:30 AM  

  • No gauge? Charity knitting!

    By Blogger danielle, at 8:46 PM  

  • I just saw that you left a comment about the green sweater I posted! The pattern is from Ravelry.com; it is the Lady February Sweater and the pattern is free.

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 6:34 PM  

  • Great job. Ganomies are my favorite.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 AM  

  • Did this hat is a self striping sock wool for my hubby and he loves it! It's such a fun hat, and covers up ears so well. Now that I see yours in a plain colour I think I like it even better. I love that you can clearly see that great shaping.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:31 AM  

  • Did this hat is a self striping sock wool for my hubby and he loves it! It's such a fun hat, and covers up ears so well. Now that I see yours in a plain colour I think I like it even better. I love that you can clearly see that great shaping.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home