Zimmermania

Monday, February 22, 2010

Chronicles of the Bog - 2

Gosh, I can't believe I can make so many mistakes in just one project.

After finishing seaming the arms I realized... this thing was supposed to be a cardigan and I had just joined the top part. Wow, unbelievable.

So I had to undo the seaming on the arms that I had just taken a decade finishing and frog the piece back to the neck opening. Which I did. Then I tried my hand at different neck styles. However, in the end, EZ's original design was the one I chose, cause its the best.

The teal yarn was over, so I went to Joan and bought a little red. I-cord with it really brings out the colors of the bog.


The yarn is so cuddly and soft that "A" wouldn't take it off so I could sew on the buttons. Look at him he is so happy.

Well finally, when he did decide to take it off, I finished sewing on the buttons. And what I saw was a beauty !!!
Except this beauty was noway a 3-6mths bog, Ha Ha !  More like a 1-3T size. The icing on the cake for all the mistakes on this project - didn't bother to check my gauge.
Oh well ! I can't remember the last time I had so much fun doing a project and not bother about the knitty gritties.
Good Knitting Times !
--------------------------------------------------------
© YARNSIDE (More details at end of page.)

5 Comments:

  • Oh, the red trim simply completes that bog!

    By Blogger bittenbyknittin, at 5:10 PM  

  • I just love it in those colors! The red really was the perfect addition. And your boy looks like he's dispensing all kinds of wisdom. :)

    Nice work!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 1:27 PM  

  • I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Do with it what you will, just wanted you to know I enjoy reading your blog. I'm trying to knit my way through the Knitter's Almanac. Slow going, but instructive...

    By Blogger Jenn, at 9:42 AM  

  • Wonderful jacket! The red trim is perfect.

    By Blogger Knitting Out Loud, at 3:51 AM  

  • so sweeet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home