Zimmermania

Thursday, July 19, 2007

here is lusekoften

here is 'lusekoften' in all it's tweedy glory. i will have the owner model it in a few days and post it so you can see how babies and norwegian sweaters match. i hope it fits.
i am very fascinated by norwegian sweaters right now and want to make two more for my great nephews age 1 and 3.
the sweaters had a revival and became very trendy after ww2 in norway as a sign of being norwegian and there was published a book with the patterns that sold very well at the time. elizabeth has a reference to this in kwot. some of the patterns i used on the sweater are from knitting around other from this book. the eps goes like this: K=100, top of sleeve=50 % of K. they are very wide sleeves and were probably worn with a lot of other garments underneath originally.
when i go shoppinng these days i see that many designers are using 'ethnic' patterns in their knitwear now. peruvian ponchos with lamas and such on sell here at 500 bucks!!! and baby sweaters similar to the february sweater at 70.
this cost 10 to knit!!!! PURE WOOL OF ROWAN FAME.

8 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. Oh my. oh. my.... (faint)

    By Blogger knittingjuju, at 10:35 AM  

  • Beautiful and economical? You've done very well.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 11:39 AM  

  • That is beautiful.

    Casey

    By Blogger Minnesota Mazzio's, at 12:43 PM  

  • It's beautiful! Alba will wear that quite a lot this winter I think.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

  • Wow, that's fantastic. Someday I hope to make one of those.

    By Blogger Bev Love, at 1:37 PM  

  • So beautiful -- as I knew it would be. Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration for so many of us.

    By Blogger MoMo, at 3:30 PM  

  • For a norwegian as me, it is special to see a lusekofte knit in a foreign country!It warms my heart! And it is really beautiful!Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • Wonderful sweater. I want one for me, now.

    By Blogger Carla, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home