Zimmermania

Sunday, July 15, 2007

BSJ



Hi Zimmermaniacs

This is my first post, I have been reading the site for ages and finally have got around to joining the fun. I'm in the UK where so many people don't know of the talents of EZ, but I am doing my best to change that.

BSJ My very first EZ knit for my 18 month old daughter, done on 5mm with various DK-ish weight leftovers, I added an extra bit on the sleeve length, next time I'd do a provisional cast-on for the sleeves but as it was my first I needed to get my head around it! Betsy has been wearing it for a bit now and what I absolutely love - apart from the obvious engineering genius - is the shaping over the bum/nappy, so very clever. She wore it on our recent holiday to Cape Cod and got comments everywhere we went, more modelling pics over on my blog.

I have a February sweater almost complete and am contemplating my next EZ assignment, what to knit...

Sarah

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • Oh, my that's cute!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 4:41 PM  

  • It's very sweet on her!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

  • The jacket is precious and the model even more so!

    By Blogger MoMo, at 7:40 PM  

  • Darling! (And I love that you have a little one named Betsy. So underused among the Elizabeth nicknames these days.)

    It *is* too bad that more folks in the UK don't know about EZ, especially given that she was English!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:33 PM  

  • The jacket is cute and the baby even cuter; she is adorable!
    You're looking for the next EZ project, try the modular Tomten. It's wonderful and a favourite of mine!

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 12:49 AM  

  • That's adorable. I'm working on one for a 21 month old, so I was wondering what your gauge was to fit your Betsy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • Oh my, I could hardly look at the sweater because of the adorable baby! I finally managed to look and have to say - great job.
    Cate

    By Blogger Having a Knit Fitt, at 6:00 PM  

  • Adorable! Baby and Jacket!

    By Blogger Suzie, at 6:13 PM  

  • Peggy, the gauge worked out at 4st/inch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM  

  • omg how sweet she looks . a lovely pattern isnøt it? i love the retro look the little people get in ez's designs.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:33 AM  

  • oh so cute, it's great to see these jackets on the little people, it helps to see the size the yarn creates. Love the colours too :^)

    By Blogger picperfic, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home