Zimmermania

Friday, October 27, 2006

Ganomy Hat: Take #1

The two-colour Ganomy Hat (in Ella Rae Classic Wool Yarn)
inspired by Jessica's Ganomy.

This was my Ganomy Hat (from Knitters Almanac) as of late last night (the photo taken this morning, though). This was how far I had gotten just before I tried it on...and tried it on...and tried it on. No matter how much I pulled and stretched and cursed (not really), the Ganomy remained unwilling to slide itself down onto my noggin in any way resembling a comfortable fit. Perhaps, in getting tied up in the Tigers stressful fight against the Cardinals last night, perhaps because of the mojitos and the wine and the ice cream, perhaps because I simply wanted to hurry up and begin my participation in this EZ KAL, I failed to notice (or to take the time to notice) that this hat was just plain too small. Ergo--rip, rip, rip.

"And so we beat on, boats against the current..."*

So, as of right now, Ganomy is no more, but will be something again very soon (hey, there's another Tigers-Cardinals game to get through tonight!)

In the meantime, let me distract you by turning your attention down below, to the Rowanspun Chunky, aquired specifically for an EZ sweater. I'm still humming and hawing and researching and trying to decide which sweater the yarn is meant for. I'm a bit worried that it's a bit too chunky for an EZ hybrid, but we'll see. Any advice? Recommendations? (I know that Jared of brooklyntweed is performing miracles with his Rowanspun Chunky, but I was hoping to use this yarn for an EZ project.)



So, until Take #2 of the Ganomy occurs, I wish everyone in the EZ KAL a happy weekend.

(*How's that for literary melodrama? I think EZ, a talented writer with a flair for the dramatic, might have appreciated the insertion of Fitzgerald here.)

1 Comments:

  • Alas, I'm ripping a Ganomy myself. I tried to hastily adapt it for a newborn, and I didn't start the decreases nearly soon enough. What was I thinking? The poor lad would look like the misfit offspring of a garden gnome and one of Santa's elves in the hat I've produced. RRRRIP! Good luck with yours!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home