Zimmermania

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Poetry in Stitches--Nice and EZ

This sweater began as a Poetry in Stitches kit for a drop-shouldered cardigan, but due to my fear of steeking and inability to produce a cardigan that stays buttoned, I turned it into an EZ yoke sweater, using her pattern for a child with a 26" chest.

IMG_5624
IMG_5627
I love how it turned out. If I had it all to do over again, I would have paid more attention to just where I was putting those short rows at the neck, so that the beginning of the row (and the obvious color jog) would be at the back left shoulder instead of front right. For more pics and text, click here:

Jen

5 Comments:

  • This is very pretty, I'd be extremely proud of myself to ever have knitted anything like this, cute model also.

    By Blogger Mary Ann, at 2:57 PM  

  • Absolutely lovely!!! Great job!

    By Blogger JakkiMitch, at 7:09 AM  

  • What a beautiful job - and a sweet wee girl too. :)

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 7:28 AM  

  • It's beautiful! Hooray for yoked sweaters :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 AM  

  • Beautiful! That looks like one of those sweaters that people won't believe is hand made.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home