Zimmermania

Monday, December 15, 2008

Ez's Butterfly Jacket

Did you hear it's snowing today in Portland/Vancouver?? I'm sure for most of you in colder regions this isn't that big of news except for here - it's a big thing! Everything is closed - schools, government and roads and everyone just stays home. So strange!

Anyhow - so my point is - it's cold here right now and I haven't lived in a cold climate for ages so I have barely anything appropriate to wear. This morning I was craving something warm and wooly. I went digging through my closet and guess what I found -

200801215-070

Hello! I don't remember you.

In my flurry of finishing this summer I wove in the ends of this FO and threw it in a drawer somewhere. I have to admit - I wasn't impressed. The fit and style was well, blah. But today, in the cold weather with a little mixing and matching - it took on a new form, just as a butterfly does and I love it! It feels infinitely wearable and best of all wooly and warm. Just as a Zimmerman knit should be.

Here's a view from the back. (shoulda done it seamless but I was lazy)

200801215-083

I knit it in Berrocco Ultra Alpaca (2 skeins - eeked through, barely) and the pattern is from Wool Gathering #78 (since sold out, and the pattern is now sold as a spun out and it's called the butterfly jacket. It's a modernized version of the classic rib warmer. More details on ravelry as always.

Happy Knitting!
Keri

4 Comments:

  • wow, went to ravelry for more details. Requested an invitation, and there were 4,971 people in front of me with a wait of 4 days!

    Knitting is very popular, and don't ever forget it!

    Nice rib warmer. Just the thing for a chill winter's day, glad you pulled it out of the closet.

    By Blogger Rebecca Z., at 4:51 PM  

  • Looks just the thing for our 'occasional' winter here on the west coast. Which book of EZ's is the original pattern in?

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:13 AM  

  • Thanks everyone for your nice comments! =)

    Rebecca - can't wait to see you on ravelry - you'll be like a kid in a candy store, so many beautiful projects!

    Karen - the pattern isn't in a book, it's in the woolgathering #78 but I believe it's sold out so you'll have to get it as a spun out.

    Happy knitting! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • Oh, that's a fun pattern. I haven't seen that one before. I just spoke to Vancouver and I see you still have snow two weeks on! I would just love it, but my brother-in-law assures me that all that pavement clearing is a pain in the you know what!

    Merry Christmas. :)

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home