Zimmermania

Friday, February 16, 2007

A Bog Jacket

I first read my aunt's copy of Knitting Around before I ever knit a stitch. I loved the stories, exuberant directions, and especially the way I could hear her voice as I read. I've made a BSJ and incorporated some of her sock ideas into my own, but now I'm well underway in my first "real" EZ project:

The "penguin approved" bog!

I'm working it in Cascade 220 on a 36" size 6 bamboo needle. I'm planning on adding most of the modifications, having already completed waist shaping, phoney seams, and adding on for longer arms. I'd like to accomplish some sort of striping similar to the gray one visible in the book (in the picture), but am still unsure whether I want to make the tops of the sleeves gray or cream. I'm also planning on adding i-cord edging in the charcoal color. Here you can better see the thumb trick, phoney seam, and first stripe in the charcoal color.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what I should do with the stripes. Thanks!

1 Comments:

  • Hi! I'm knitting a bog jacket too and am at the point of starting to shape the sleeves for a tapered sleeve. Are you doing that option too? I just posted a request for help today (3/13/17) as I'm not sure how to work the short rows. Do you work them from sleeve cuff to sleeve cuff across the body or do you just work from sleeve cuff, wrap and turn, then work to the armhole and wrap and turn on one sleeve and then repeat on the other? Any ideas? Hope your bog is going well and I'll look forward to seeing pics of the finished bog!

    By Blogger Emily/Knit Addictions, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home