Zimmermania

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Adult Surprise Jacket of Many Purples




Last winter I was part of a Adult Surprise Jacket class at my LYS, Mendocino Yarn Shop. Very Fun! I didn't really want to buy yarn so I went through my stash and went with purple. I used Cascade 220 in four shades of purple and light purple in alpaca. The buttons are sterling sliver with a Celtic design. I liked the square shape of the buttons. I finished the jacket in the spring. Today I delivered it to the Mendocino County Fair for judging. We shall see what the judge thinks. I am waiting for cold weather so I can wear it!

10 Comments:

  • Very pretty! I hope you win a blue ribbon.

    By Blogger JelliDonut, at 8:48 PM  

  • This is a winner and a great way to use up stash yarn!

    By Blogger Lupie, at 12:42 AM  

  • Beautiful! Good luck!

    By Blogger danielle, at 3:56 PM  

  • Lovely jacket, the colors are great.

    By Blogger Kucki68, at 11:14 AM  

  • I placed 3rd. I am happy. I knew there were a few flaws. No knitting is perfect. :)

    By Blogger philogirl, at 12:19 PM  

  • it looks awsome! congrats!!!
    i can'twait to start my next bsj
    cheers!

    By Blogger Eli, at 8:04 AM  

  • it is so nice
    who can i purchase the instructions?
    hope there is a way

    By Blogger ma1971, at 12:27 AM  

  • Tre bela!

    By Anonymous trikada, at 9:28 AM  

  • i bought EZ orange book
    i start to knit the adult surprise jacket, but the instructions are not clear.
    i am in a point of the end of the upper part (180 sts) 3 even rows
    how do i keep working from hear?
    thank you for all the help

    By Blogger ma1971, at 12:32 AM  

  • So pretty! I love it.

    By Anonymous Rachel, at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home