Zimmermania

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The back of the sweater

Meg mentioned in her comment (and yes, I can testify that it's enough to make you tear up when Meg Swansen comments on your knitting, even after she's said lovely things about it in person) that there's a back detail to my Daisy Daisy sweater. I was so busy thinking about showing you how well EZ's set-in sleeves work that I totally forgot to show the rear view. This was a major omission, because the decreases for the waist shaping are accomplished via Amy Detjen's genius centered eyelet decreases. (If you don't know Amy, you're missing out. She's Meg's right-hand girl, and you'll never meet anyone who can exhibit such combination of knitting smarts, humor, sense, and purple.)



Those are Amy's decreases, followed by a decorative increase I threw together to sort of match (a yarnover with the stitches on either side crossed). There's no pattern for this yet, but I'm working on it. I'm bluegarter on Ravelry and the sweater is called Daisy Daisy; I'll post updates there when it's close to being ready.

Thanks so much for all the interest!

11 Comments:

  • A wonderful jacket, love to see the back, too! Very delicate and pretty pattern.

    By Blogger meyer, at 12:48 PM  

  • Gorgeous! I'll just be over here, quietly waiting for the pattern...

    By Blogger TrishKnits, at 4:48 PM  

  • Wow. Just wow. Too much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 PM  

  • Amazing jacket! Thanks for the updated photo.

    BTW - is this a closed group or can I join, too. I've only done a couple BSJ & a Feb. Baby Sweater, but there Will be more EZ knitting in the future. :-)

    jakkimitch at yahoo dot com

    By Blogger JakkiMitch, at 4:45 AM  

  • What a gorgeous detail! I can't wait for the pattern to be available.

    By Blogger DrLeonesse, at 6:25 AM  

  • Gorgeous detail...I've been away from Zimmermania too long!!!!

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 11:06 AM  

  • It looks wonderful and fits you great!

    By Blogger Kucki68, at 11:55 PM  

  • Gorgeous detailing!

    By Blogger Beth, at 8:59 PM  

  • That jacket is simply beautiful - well done you. One day I WILL complete something for myself! :)

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 2:14 AM  

  • Wow! I stumbled on this site having read "Knitting for Dummies"; this looks beyond my capabilities for now, but I know what to aspire to. Please publish the pattern.

    By Blogger digitalcatfish_r, at 2:18 PM  

  • I want this sweater!!!...it is perfect!

    By Blogger Alison, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home