Zimmermania

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Armenian-knit Hat ala Meg and Joyce

I'm probably stretching the boundaries of what really counts for posting on Zimmermania, but I wanted to share a finished project from Camp 2 and encourage you all to take a look at Meg and Joyce's Armenian Knitting book.



Lots more pictures and details on my blog, but the short version is that this rooster is inspired by a design on a ceramic tile by a French artist named Jean Leurçat. I've been wanting to use it in my knitting for years, and the Armenian technique, which involves carrying the second color behind the first throughout the piece and intentionally

5 Comments:

  • Cool hat! I really like it. Where's your blog?

    By Blogger Mary, at 8:32 AM  

  • What Mary said! Such a great look - I want to see more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • I love that hat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

  • sarah the cloche hat is so beautiful and so 20es. i adore it. and the photo of you wearing it is lovely too. it suits you so very well.

    By Blogger knititch, at 10:52 AM  

  • Sorry, I should have hyperlinked: my blog is www.bluegarter.org.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home