Zimmermania

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A modified Feb Baby Sweater

I just love this pattern-- there's so much potential for modification and it goes so quickly. And it gives me an excuse to buy more Dream in color Smooshy yarn!



This is my second FBS. This time, I had to work the sweater up super fast for a baby shower. I worked up the body in stockinette and used the gull pattern as a motif just below the yoke, above the bottom and above the cuffs. I also shortened the sleeves by an inch to keep them from dragging. I made a hat to match, but don't have a picture of it, unfortunately.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • What an adorable outfit! I want to buy that book and knit those booties.

    By Blogger Nancy, at 9:56 PM  

  • Thanks! The booties were a free pattern you can find here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-baby-mary-jane-booties
    I can't help you with the book, though-- because I lurve it so much that I won't. give. it. up. ever! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM  

  • I love this modification - I'm making the sweater now, and as a beginning knitter, the pattern as written would take me too long to make as a gift for my many pregnant friends. I would like to try this the next time I knit the sweater. Do you use the same number of stiches in stockinette?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home