Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Baby Surprise

Baby Surprise Jacket the first


The knitting on this little jacket has been finished for a few days, but I just got around to finishing up the seaming and sewing on the buttons. I meant to buy some better matchy buttons when I went shopping yesterday but I forgot. So I just found some in my button stash that sorta matched and went with it. Also, I did a rolled edge on it- an idea from this post over at mason-dixon knitting. It worked out good.

The yarn is KnitPicks Swish Superwash in Marine Heather & Delft Heather. I LOVE this yarn. I've heard some bad things about whether or not it is actually Superwash, so when I gift this to my sister-in-law I'm going to put hand wash on the instructions, but I figure that it's only going to fit the baby for a few months anyhow and it won't really be the end of the world if she doesn't launder it correctly. Just trying to be easygoing about it.

This is my FIRST baby surprise jacket, mostly because it's the first baby that someone I know has had since I discovered Elizabeth Zimmerman. I've got enough yarn to make one more so I'm thinking I will, and I might add a little collar to it. I see several of these in the future.

I'm just enchanted.

5 Comments:

  • The little sweater is so beautiful, and I love your color combination. It will be so nice on the baby. maybe you can send us pictures. I looked up the hint about the border. Wow,what a great hint. I printed it out and put it with other finds like that. Thank you very much. Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater. Congrats!

    I need to try that pattern.

    By Blogger Beadknitter, at 8:54 AM  

  • fyi- I love swish too and I have had no problems with it washing. I don't wash the jacket that I made with it every day, but I have washed it at least 6 times with no problems. I would recommend putting it in a net bag prior to washing so the yarn won't catch on anything, but that's it! I usually throw it in the dryer too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 AM  

  • Hello, It's beautiful!!
    I'm from Hungary, and I'd like to know how to order this pattern from EZ to HUNGARY?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 AM  

  • Recently I knit a top using the Knitpicks Swish Superwash and the first time I put it in the dryer it felted a little bit. It's not smaller, but it's become a bit furry... not exactly the effect I wanted. So I second your decision to label the sweater hand-wash.

    Oh, and your sweater is really nice :)

    By Blogger Herdis, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home