Zimmermania

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Mystery Blanket - One Large Square

I had nine balls of a cotton and linen mix yarn, bought from a boot sale that I wanted to use up, and remembered the Mystery Blanket from the Knitter's Almanac. I knitted it as one large square, starting with 5 dpns (which was slippery) and then on 4.5mm addi's with the odd row of purl stitch to add interest, the edge is finished with about 1" of garter stitch and then cast off with a picot edging. It measures 36" square and drapes well. I had nine balls of a cotton and linen mix yarn, bought from a boot sale that I wanted to use up, and remembered the Mystery Blanket from the Knitter's Almanac. I knitted it as one large square, starting with 5 dpns (which was slippery) and then on 4.5mm addi's with the odd row of purl stitch to add interest, the edge is finished with about 1" of garter stitch and then cast off with a picot edging. It measures 36" square and drapes well.

4 Comments:

  • I love this blanket! Your colours are beautiful and the pattern is gorgeous. I'd like to try one of those someday. It would make a great baby blanket, wouldn't it. Fine job! samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • Thanks for the inspiration! I think I will try this for a blanket for afghans for Afghans.
    Cate

    By Blogger Having a Knit Fitt, at 9:19 AM  

  • That looks terrific! A picot bind-off on all those stitches must have been painful, though!

    By Blogger jenfromRI, at 11:05 AM  

  • Those colors are very nice, and I love all the little details you aded to make it your own - the purl rows, the picot edge...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home