Monday, September 10, 2007

Another Modified Mystery Blanket

This is the final version of my project from my earlier post. I made this 3'x3' baby blanket based on the EZ mystery blanket square pattern from The Knitter's Almanac and expanded the square until I ran out of long circular needles in roughly the same needle size (remember EZ says we can add 1-2 needles in 1 smaller or larger size without changing gauge when we're knitting circularly!!).

The square was a really easy pattern, especially because it was just knit stitch the whole way around. I knit it up in about a week, so it went really quickly, too. I threw on a few rows of garter stitch for the border.

I did run into a bit of a problem because I bound off too snuggly to make the blanket lay flat; so I ripped out a couple of rows and consulted Knitting Without Tears. I ended up using EZ's sewn cast off and loved how easy it was to control the tension of the cast off edge. It is now my cast off method of choice, I must say!

This will turn out to be a very serviceable baby blanket for my niece who will be born in February. More pictures and info are available on my blog.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home