Zimmermania

Saturday, January 13, 2007

EZ Baby Cardigan

I recently completed the EZ Baby Caridgan from Knitter's Almanac, inspired by all the great ones I've seen done on this website. I knit the cardigan using Silja, a superwash wool that knits up at 6 1/2 sts/inch. I know that the yarn is slightly smaller than what EZ recommends, but I wanted the sweater to fit my baby, due February 14th, this winter and from the looks of things I think it will. Once the baby comes, and we find out whether we're having a boy or a girl, I plan to make another one of these with a worsted weight wool to fit next fall - I also plan to extend the arms in that version and possible the bottom for longer wearability. I wish EZ had published the bonnet pattern that she used in the picture in Knitter's Almanac, but I doubt I would use it anyway.

I loved this pattern and I love EZ's techniques and encouragement. Next on the list are matching big brother/little someone icelandic cardigans in worsted wool using EZ's percentage system. Hopefully I can get them both done before my "deadline."

You can see more details about this sweater on my blog.

7 Comments:

  • Very sweet! Perfect for Valentine's Day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 PM  

  • Congratulations! It's beautiful :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 PM  

  • This is a beautiful sweater. I just finished my first EZ, but it was the baby surprise. I love this one.

    By Blogger Willie, at 5:11 PM  

  • Adorable.I just love this sweater.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

  • That is so adorable! Love the bright red color.

    By Anonymous tiennie, at 9:22 PM  

  • You can find the Flanged Bonnet pattern in The Opinionated Knitter (page 108) or in Wool Gathering #50 from Schoolhouse Press. A darling and practical idea for covering a baby's neck! Your little jacket is darling.

    By Anonymous Janine, at 9:19 AM  

  • Ahhh, very nice. Great color choice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home