Zimmermania

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Another EZ Baby Sweater

I still have to sew on the buttons, but I'm so excited that I finished it I'd like to share now, if you don't mind : ). I will confess that I was so in love with the way Elliphantom made her version of this sweater, that I tried to copy it to the best of my abilities (which are still very much a beginner's). My only question about the sweater is are the sleeves supposed to be short? I added on an extra inch since my baby is almost one years old, but they are still a bit short. Do you think that's the style of the sweater, or do you think I should make the sleeves longer?





http://littlemamaknits.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

  • That is so gorgeous!! What kind of yarn did you use? It is absolutely precious!

    And, I thought the arms were a bit short on mine too, but I did find that on a 3 month old it was ok. Maybe at 1 year their arms have grown much much longer? I don't know... I don't have any kids! LOL

    By Blogger mishi2x, at 8:21 AM  

  • Shorter sleeves stay out of the cereal bowl better. Also, since the hem and sleeve ends are (appear to be) garter stitch, you can add more length as the baby grows. If the yarn can't be matched, make stripes.

    By Anonymous =Tamar, at 9:35 AM  

  • Thanks mishi2x! I used Plymouth's Suri Merino in a wheat color.

    =tamar that's a good point about the cereal bowl, although I probably won't let my daughter wear it when she's eating! ; ) I will consider lengthening the sleeves later on, but right now I'll just enjoy the fact that I finished something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

  • The first time I made an EZ baby sweater for one of my kids, I thought it was odd too. But now I am a big fan of the shorter sleeves. Even if it's not cereal, shorter sleeves stay out of all the little stickies and messies that little ones find, without sacrificing much warmth. In fact, I've considered making a 3/4 length sleeve cardy for me, to have as a work sweater. Your sweater is lovely.

    By Anonymous aimeedewar, at 11:22 AM  

  • What a pretty little sweater. I just love the slate gray color!

    By Blogger Kelley, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home