Zimmermania

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sugarcone sweater



A Little Bit FO! This sweater for my 5 year old son (he loves the long hair) took all of 7 minutes to knit. Okay, maybe not 7 minutes but no more than 7 days of non-straight, non-stressed, non-monogamous knitting. It was fast! It also held a few firsts for me -- first EZ's percentage sweater, first yoke sweater, first stranded sweater, and first hemmed sweater. I can't wait to do lots more of these!

Particulars --
yarn -- handspun 300 yards
needles -- US#11s
pattern -- based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's EZ percentage system, knit all in one piece, circular yoke with stranded color work, and hem.

6 Comments:

  • Beautiful! The sweater is gorgeous :)

    I love the long hair too. My son is 10 and wears his long (photo here: http://billi-jean.com/blog/?p=322)

    By Anonymous Billi-Jean, at 9:27 PM  

  • I love your color choices!

    I can't fathom that he is 5, already!
    That means my eldest is 5! (where does time go?)

    By Anonymous pippi, at 6:03 AM  

  • That sweater is fantastic on your little dervish!

    By Anonymous Adrian, at 6:52 AM  

  • Wow! That sweater came out really beautifully! I definitely want to make one for my daugther too some day.

    By Blogger Elena, at 3:23 PM  

  • Very nice!! Lydia

    By Blogger Windansea, at 10:41 AM  

  • Love the color!

    Beautiful job.

    By Blogger Kristin, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home