Zimmermania

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Switching and Swatching

Remember this post where I showed you all the beginning of my EZ Seamless Hybrid? Yeah, well, that was at the beginning of October. And at the beginning of November, not a single stitch more has been knitted. Why? Couldn't say, other than I never really felt all that into the project. However, after seeing Jess & Jess make some gorgeous Norweigan Mittens, I decided that THOSE were a project I could sink my teeth into. So I switched.

And I swatched.

This is KnitPicks Telemark in Chestnut and Bayberry. I wasn't sure about the combo at first, but it's grown on me. This swatch helped remind me how much I love colorwork... can't wait to jump into these mittens!

6 Comments:

  • Those look good! The Telemark seems to be a good yarn for them.

    By Anonymous Janet, at 5:21 AM  

  • Boy -- that Telemark sure looks beautiful! I just finished an EZ-esque vest, so I started on these same mittens -- dove into my stash and found perfect Christmasy colors so have started them too. I'll post a picture later of my progress. The only difference between EZ's and mine -- I'm doing 2 mittens on 2 circs at the same time (ala socks). It's great fun as long as I don't tangle the yarns....

    Thanks for posting that beautiful swatch!

    By Blogger Mary G, at 5:53 AM  

  • I think that's a great color combination!

    By Blogger Tipper, at 6:29 AM  

  • i really love this color combo. great choice lisa!

    By Blogger gleek, at 7:33 AM  

  • I think the color combination is great! Good choice Lisa!

    By Anonymous nova, at 8:21 AM  

  • Hey!!!! .... those are exactly the colors I am waiting for KP to deliver for those exact mittens. I was pretty ertain I would love the slight "oddness" of it and you have confirmed it.

    Thanks and best---to both of us

    By Blogger Darinka, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home