Zimmermania

Friday, November 24, 2006

Here comes the wagon with the band!

Yup, I jumped right on. Well, gee, you know, I thought that if I made the Ganomy Hat, it would look really cool on my oldest son. And he would love it! Plus, I let him choose the colors. And I even used nice Blue Sky Cotton yarn so that it wouldn't be itchy and he could wear it to death. Yup, he modeled it and said he liked it.....

And then the next day it was freezing out. He ran out the house and I didn't get to see him before he dashed off for school!!

That evening I picked them up from the sitter's....

Me: Alex, where's your hat?
Alex: Oh, I can't wear that OUTSIDE the house!!!
Me: AND WHY THE HELL NOT!
Alex: Well, Ma, the kids are gonna laugh at me.
Me: Why would the laugh at you??
Alex: Cuz it's a funny-looking hat!

Ya'll can just imagine how PISSED I was right?? I was like, "You need to learn to not think like that! Learn that the kids will say 'Wow, where did you get that cool hat!' Learn that they will want you to ask your mom to make THEM one!"

Alex: Ummmm, nope. They won't.

I ended the conversation but I was soooo hurt I wanted to cry! :(

And now Blogger won't even let me post the pix!!!

WAAAAAAH!

Here's a link to it!

Alex's (Well, not anymore!!!) Ganomy Hat

5 Comments:

  • these type hats seem to be very in here right now....tell him he is ahead of the trend ;) I think it looks great and the yarn looks perfect for it!

    By Blogger Lothlorian, at 3:52 AM  

  • That hat is gorgeous. I agree with Lothlorian -- it's "in" right now. He'll be styling! Ahh, the vicissitudes of youth.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 8:48 PM  

  • whateves, that hat is the coolest!! (and not too unlike another coolest-ganomy-ever i've seen 'round these parts). that child does not know how 'in' he is ;)

    By Blogger Jessica / Fig & Plum, at 8:25 PM  

  • That is an awesome hat! All it takes is a cool hat and a bit of confidence and the girls would LOVE him! Even at 11(?)boys like the attention or girls, right?

    By Blogger Kristina, at 5:44 AM  

  • Keep it around...you may find that in a little while, he'll be desperate to wear it in front of his friends. These things change from moment to moment, if I remember being that age correctly...

    By Blogger Kate A., at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home