Zimmermania

Monday, November 06, 2006

Adding to my library

Hello all, I'm new here and new to EZ as well.
I'm a grad. student in social work with a serious knitting obsession. Currently, my husband and I are living in Boston (well, Newton) and I work every other Sunday at a LYS.
I'm pulling together a list of books that I want for X-Mas, Hanukkah, and my birthday (all within a month of each other) and was wondering if you would help me :)
To my knowledge, these are the EZ books out there:
Knitting w/o Tears
Knitting Around
Knitter's Almanac
Knitting Workshop
The Opinionated Knitter
I've requested KWOT for sure, but can you all provide a little insight - perhaps rank them in order of your favorites?
Thanks!

5 Comments:

  • I forgot to add my blog address :) I normally blog here:
    www.knuttyknitter.livejournal.com

    By Blogger KnuttyKnitter, at 12:48 PM  

  • Knitting Around is a must if you hate seaming and the OK is another one I would not do without. But then the KA is also really fun to read and has great patterns! Humm
    to keep it short I have all of them :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:37 PM  

  • Favorite? Rank in order? ROFL! They are *all* my favorite, but for different reasons. I adore Knitting Around for the information about EZ and her life, and it is required reading in my little homeschool, due to the European History, live and in action, information. Does it have patterns, lol? I've read it over and over again. My current most favorite is Opinionated, because it's my newest, and I haven't memorized it, yet, and because it has the BSJ, and the Tomten, which are on my list of things to knit, AND because of the wonderful personal information about EZ and especially her reminiscences about skiing. My fave as far as sweaters goes - Knitting wo tears,because of the detailed construction information, and my fave as far as patterns go is Knitters almanac. The one I can't live without? Knitters Almanac and Opinionated Knitter. OK, my favorite two.

    By Blogger Rosemary, at 3:40 PM  

  • Knitter's Almanac has great projects, but hardly any pictures. But it's so portable, and really could keep you busy all year! The Opinionated Knitter is the first one I got, and I love the color photographs and all EZ's personal writings - it really gives some flavor to her knitting to know who she was as a woman. Knitting Around has a good mix of patterns, and also great pictures. And I love Knitting Workshop because it forces me to think on my own instead of becoming a "blind follower" of patterns!
    Hope that is helpful - they all have strong points; I say ask for all of them!

    By Blogger loribird, at 5:19 PM  

  • The DVD's are the best. You should put those on your wish list as well. I love mine and watch them all the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home