Zimmermania

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Finally!

Finally, I've cast-on for my Zimmermania project.


I'm knitting the Seamless V-neck with "set-in" sleeves from Spun-out #21. I can't say enough about the yarn! It's Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in a color called Tartan. It's a wool/silk/cashmere blend. The color is a gray with a deep green hint and little flecks of red, gray, forest green, and ice blue. The feel of the yarn is like hand-spun and just really squishy! I did find a knot in the first skein, which really irritates me considering the cost of this yarn. I managed to get a great deal on e-bay for 18 balls, but I still paid upwards of $75 for it and I don't like friggin' knots! I've knit about 3 inches in about 3 hours time. I really hemmed and hawed about the hem treatment. I had planned on doing a provisional cast on like Jared did with his Seamless Hybrid, but the yarn is Aran weight and would be a little thick. So I just went with a basic garter stitch border and Elizabeth liked those, so I thought it was appropriate.

( I still have no idea how to post a link on blogger. There's no little link symbol anywhere on my screen.)

Lori
http://yarnbeans.typepad.com

1 Comments:

  • Lori, when you're composing your entry, at the top of the box you're typing in, there's a symbol that looks like a knot or chain links, with a green circle behind it. Highlight the text you want to make into a link, click on the insert link symbol, type in or paste the URL, and click OK.

    By Blogger Julie, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home