Zimmermania

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tomten jacket

Hi all...I'm a little ahead of the game here. I was mid-Tomten when I heard about this knitalong, and I finished the sleeves and edgings last night.



It's done in some Bartlett Yarns Fisherman I got super cheap, and is destined for the Dulaan project. It's my second Tomten (first one here) and not the last--I intend to keep making them until the stash runs out. They are perfect for Dulaan and the like, because you can just cast on with whatever yarn seems likely, and whatever size it ends up being is OK.

I'm also thinking about making the Aran cardigan from The Opinionated Knitter, maybe modified for a half-drop or set-in sleeve.

8 Comments:

  • That is fantastic! It's like a little gnome coat in those colors.

    By Anonymous Adrian, at 12:21 PM  

  • I am planning on knitting up a bunch of the Tomten jackets for Dulaan. I was able to attend the "mega yarn giveaway" at Ryan's, so I have much yarn that must be knitted.

    By Anonymous Ginger, at 1:32 PM  

  • Great job! I really like the colors. How nice that it's to the Dulaan Project.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 2:02 PM  

  • Yes, I second the great color scheme...the dark red edges really pop.

    By Blogger rabbit haircut, at 2:08 PM  

  • Beautiful! Love the contrast of the colors and the pointy hood.

    By Blogger Joie | la dilettante tricoteuse, at 8:52 PM  

  • That is an incredibly cute jacket. I love it! :-D

    By Blogger Bronte, at 2:59 AM  

  • I'm so glad that I decided to make it. These are so cute!

    I'm almost tempted to frog a boring, plain sweater I'm making for Afghans for Afghans and knit this instead.

    By Blogger Purl, at 9:31 AM  

  • sooooooo cute!

    By Blogger Jessica / Fig & Plum, at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home