Zimmermania

Monday, September 25, 2006

Ganomy Hat
Knitter's Almanac
Knit by: Mary Beth
September 24, 2006
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino Aran
Needles: Size 8 Circular and DPNs
When I finished this hat, my 10 year old son said "that's a good hat". That just about says it all!Made in a day, with remnants from another project, it fits great - knitting just doesn't get any better than that.
PS - I teach knitting classes, and this is a great learning hat. Skills addressed: knitting in the round, increasing and decreasing, working two colors, using double points.

6 Comments:

  • That's gorgeous! I love the colour changes.

    By Blogger Bronte, at 6:27 AM  

  • MMMmmmm. That is so beautiful! I love seeing all the different interpretations on EZ's patterns.

    By Blogger Mandy, at 6:32 AM  

  • Really a handsome hat. I want to see pictures of it on someone's head. Is it for your 10 year old son?
    Nice work.

    By Blogger Molly, at 9:57 AM  

  • That looks fabulous! The colors are perfect.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 10:58 AM  

  • You have no idea how many times I've looked through Knitters almanac and completely overlooked this hat I'll have to try it out

    By Blogger erin/pinkerbell, at 12:06 PM  

  • I've missed seeing this pattern, too. I really like it knit up; may have to make one for myself! And good to know it's a good teaching piece. Nice work.

    By Blogger Jen, at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home